Friday, January 27, 2017

Pump It Up - MK6 - Andamiro Boot Loader Loop and/or Gray Screen Boot Loop


Symptoms:
Andamiro PIU HDD Boot Loader gets stuck looping on boot of the Pump It Up arcade cabinet.
The message "Ok. Wait a moment..." is also displayed. The screen may also switch between gray and black.

Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-8IG1000MK (rev 1.X or 2.X)
Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000MK (rev. 1.x)
Gigabyte GA-8I865GME-775-RH (rev 1.X)


Possible Solutions:
1. The CMOS battery needs replacing or the BIOS settings have been reset on the motherboard. The Gigabyte GA-8IG1000MK motherboard, for example, has BIOS settings which default to disabled. This includes: The sound chip, SATA ports and USB keyboard (The PIUIO makes use of this setting also!). This presents many problems as when the Boot Loader attempts to detect the PIUIO, it may get stuck in a loop as it cannot test it's input. Similarly, if the Pump It Up drive is a SATA drive, the drive cannot be accessed unless SATA is enabled in the BIOS.

2. The HDD is dead. If this is the case, I would of course recommend testing a different drive with your system to confirm this is the problem. If you do not have another official drive handy, install Windows on a spare HDD and see if you can get it booting normally with the MK6 hardware (It's just a normal PC after all!)

2 comments:

  1. I want to add to the PIU HDD Boot loader stuck issue, that this could also happen if you replaced the videocard and somehow it doesn't get the proper driver from the game. Sadly it happened to me when I replaced my FX 5200. I got another videocard and that one worked perfectly, for a moment I thought my USB KEY had stopped working for good!

    ReplyDelete